Live OneCare doesn't work. Can't uninstall/install. No sound or Windows Updates. RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and when I restarted my computer, Windows Live OneCare didn't load and everything was red in my taskbar. It says I have no internet connection, which I do, no virus protection, no Windows updates, and no sound. Windows Media Player can't play anything. I tried running some services that I found in a thread, but that didn't work. I can't uninstall OneCare because it says that it has already been removed. What can I do to fix this? I need Visual Studio on my computer.

Update:
    I used the cleanup tool, but when I restarted, everything was the same except OneCare wasn't there.
    How can I fix my sound, network, and update problems?

Update:
    I just noticed that I can't uninstall anything.
    A solution yo my problem would be VERY helpful.

I think I'm going to switch back to XP this weekend.
    Vista was a waste of money...

- Thank You
    Wednesday, January 30, 2008 8:54 PM

Answers

• Since your problem began with the installation of Visual Studio 2008, I recommend that you perform a System Restore to before you installed Visual Studio 2008.

Then go here - http://support.microsoft.com/ph/12913 - for the VS 2008 Solution Center, which includes how to contact support for that product.

-steve

Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:20 AM