Failed 70-642 for 4 times. RRS feed

• Question

• This is my second paper after 70-640. I don't get it why did I only get 647 each time. Any tips besides studying the dumps?I failed 4 consecutive times.

I only have 1 more time to go. After the 5th time I will need to wait for 12 months for a retake (which  I don't want it to happen). I really want to get my MCITP badly. I'm gonna sit foe 70-646 next week first.

Any advice peeps?

Thank you! <3

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:58 AM

Answers

• What hands-on experience do you have with Windows Server 2008 (by hands-on I mean using the product on a day-by-day basis in a work environment, not studying a product and doing a few labs and practice exams)?

Please don't use dumps.  You may pass the exam however you will get caught and end up losing your certification and being banned from sitting any further certifications.

Given that you've failed 70-640 4 times, it's unlikely that you'll pass 70-646.  You would be better off concentrating on 70-640 and forgetting about 70-646 for a while.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

• Proposed as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by ABC87 Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:52 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:08 AM

All replies

• What hands-on experience do you have with Windows Server 2008 (by hands-on I mean using the product on a day-by-day basis in a work environment, not studying a product and doing a few labs and practice exams)?

Please don't use dumps.  You may pass the exam however you will get caught and end up losing your certification and being banned from sitting any further certifications.

Given that you've failed 70-640 4 times, it's unlikely that you'll pass 70-646.  You would be better off concentrating on 70-640 and forgetting about 70-646 for a while.

Jeff Wharton

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

• Proposed as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by ABC87 Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:52 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:08 AM
  • I passed 640 last month.

Right now the problem I have is 642. I am basically bad in networking and stuff like that. Now that I'm studying for 646 it doesn't seem that hard.

I only have 1 year experience on Windows Server 2008. Basically are system administrator kinda jobs that I do daily. My company needs me to pass this.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:04 AM
  • Sorry, I meant 70-642.

It doesn't appear that you have sufficient experience to pass 70-642, hence the reason why you keep failing it.

If you fail 70-646 then I'd suggest you take a break from certification until you get a little more hands-on experience because the more you fail, the more upset you'll get and the less confident you'll become at sitting the exams. Exams are hard enough without the added pressure caused by multiple failures :-)

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:21 AM
  • Try to make a test setup at your home.

And then keep practicing, i use the books from microsoft press (the training kit) and i make al of the exercise over and over again.

It helped me pass the 640 exam last month and i'm now training like this again, allso for the 642. By making a test setup you can test everything you want and you will make mistakes, but you will learn the most from that. good luck!

offcourse i'm allso lucky i have a job as junior system engineer, so i allso learn alot at my work.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:28 AM
  • Hi ABC87,

you can do practice with various Practice Exams available Online. first of all test your knowledge with practice exam.

you required also some practicle experience of Windows Server.

you can install Trial version of server 2008 and practice on this trial copy. it will help you to grow your knowledge.

if you satisfy with your knowledger there after give real exam.

Regards

Nil

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:19 AM
  • Thank you everyone. But it seems like I got demoted because my company wouldn't wanna take the risk (they are tied up with microsoft)

I will take the exam / certification as I like for MYSELF instead for the COMPANY.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:54 AM
  • Thank you everyone. But it seems like I got demoted because my company wouldn't wanna take the risk (they are tied up with microsoft)

I will take the exam / certification as I like for MYSELF instead for the COMPANY.

Hi ABC87,

Sorry to hear that. 

If you've got any other questions or need further clarification down the track, please visit the forum again.

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:56 AM