Can find a shared folder to delete it RRS feed

• Question

• Running WHS2011.  Had a WD20EARS 2TB drive that I had shared out under the 'Server Folders' tab as MOVIES 2.  Well the drive went bad so I ended up replacing it with another WD20EARS 2TB drive.  When I go to try and add it now as MOVIES 2 I get the following error:

The folder cannot be added because a folder with this name already exists.  Type a differnen name.

So I assumed I would just go back under the 'Server Folders tab and see the old one listed but its not there anymore.  How can I delete the folder if it doesnt show up?

Thanks

G

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:06 AM

All replies

• I think that either you shouldn't need to remove the folder because the drive it was on is gone, or you should be able to remove it regardless of the presence of the drive. The intermediate state you're in seems like a bug to me.

Could you please submit this as such on Connect? 

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:06 AM
  • Just to add some more info....

I noticed that when I opened my shared folders from one of my PCs that the MOVIES 2 folder was still listed there.  Of course when I double clicked on it to access it nothing would come up.  I ended up going back and naming the new 2TB hard drive the same name and gave it the same drive letter.  Now when I access that folder from my PCs the data is showing up. 

Thing is, when I access the Dashboard and go under 'Server Folders and Hard Drives' and then the 'Hard Drives' tab, the hard drive is still not showing up, nor can I add it do to my 1st posting.  However I am able to access the files on it.  Guess I should be happy I can access it but I would still like the new drive to show up in the 'Hard Drives' tab.

Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:45 PM