Ghost device on live mesh after formatting PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm using Live mesh on my three PC's but, I needed to format one of them and now that I reinstalled the OS and sign in to Live Mesh, I notice that there is still the previous PC (with the older name), I try to remove it from Live Mesh page -> Manage -> Stop using the service. But nothing happens and I still can see that ghost device.

Also as an extra info, I used to have some shared folders on that PC before formatting, but I forgot to stop the sharing before the format, maybe thats the reason of this issue.

Can somebody give me some advice to fix this please.

Thanks.
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 7:46 PM

Answers

•  

I assume that you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum. Yes, the naming convention is confusing, though I like that they kept the Mesh name alive for the upgrade to Live Sync (formerly FolderShare).

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

The procedure you describe is how you would remove a device. Have you perhaps tried to view the folders that were shared from that PC in the "view synched folders" page and checked the details of what devices the folders are synched with. You can turn off sharing to the ghost PC for each folder and then try removing the ghost PC again.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 14, 2011 11:27 AM