OCS 2007 R2 install problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to install OCS 2007 R2, but unfortuantely, I'm stuck at step 1 of Deploy Standard Edition Server (I've completed the Prepare Active Directory stage).

I go through selecting the default and adding passwords for the new accounts RTCService and RTCComponent. However, after a while it fails with following error.

"Invalid database access account(s) specified. Please ensure the specified database access accounts are valid domain or machine accounts."

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:06 PM

Answers

•  Having installed Server 2008, this doesn't seem to be an issue here...

Oh well, ho hum... :o)
    • Marked as answer by buroz Monday, February 16, 2009 5:05 PM
    Monday, February 16, 2009 5:05 PM

All replies

• Did you check if the OCS 2007 R2 system requirements have been fulfiled?
    The target SE server must not have any SQL database already present as the Express Edition is delivered and installed as part of OCS SE.

Do let us know if this helps. Thanks.

TechNet Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com/weblog/
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:55 PM
  • Yep, it was fresh install on a virgin server.
    I comply to the system pre-requisites.

Any other ideas?
    Friday, February 13, 2009 9:34 AM
  • Do I need to add any patches/service packs to SQL 2005?
    I'm running everything on Server 3002 sp2 64 bit. It says that it's supported, but everyone else seem to be using 2008.
    Friday, February 13, 2009 1:54 PM
  • HI, I believe sp2 for SQL 2005 needs to be applied.

Also if you plan to have other databases on the server for other needs you may want to keep your ocs db in its own instance though this shouldnt halt your install.
    Friday, February 13, 2009 2:37 PM
  • BTW Im on SQL 2005...not 64 bit but It still works...i have 4 seperate instances on the db server as well and all worked.

I guess you can also make sure that the account your using to do your r2 install has rights to create databases on your sql box.
    Friday, February 13, 2009 2:39 PM
  • I take it that you didn't need to patch SQL, the one provided was sufficient?

Are you running Server 2003 or Server 2008?
    Friday, February 13, 2009 2:41 PM
  •  My actual OCS boxes are 2008 64 bit..Sql is on 2003 sp2 mahcine..I did need to patch sql 2005 with sp2. Whats your build of sql 2005?
    Friday, February 13, 2009 4:14 PM
  •  Did you need to add sp2 to get past stage 1 of deploying OCS?
    I've tried adding service pack 2, but still get the same. I've had various server and DB guys here look at it, but no one can work out why it's not working.

Could it be anything to do with the sategs I've done before, Active Directory/Domain controller which could cause this?

I do wonder if I'm the only one trying to getr this to work on Server 2003. It might be time to try 2008.

...I'm starting to pull my hair out... ;o)
    Friday, February 13, 2009 4:51 PM
  • I should add that that this is in our lab and som I'm running OCS (standard edition) and the sql on the same box.
    Friday, February 13, 2009 4:55 PM
  • Having a full SQL setup on the same box as Standard Edition (or Enterprise Edition) is not a supported config. SE can only use SQL Express, which it will install during server installation. EE must point at a SQL instance on a different server than itself. If you want to use SE remove your SQL installation and try installing SE again.
    Friday, February 13, 2009 5:44 PM
  •  I am just doing SE. I initially tried by just using SQL express which is provided. But when that didn't work I tried to install SQL 2005 express SP2, SQL 2008 express and anything else I could think of.... ;o)
    I'm going to start again, using Server 2008 today... fingers corssed.

Thanks for everyones tips and advice so far. :o)
    Monday, February 16, 2009 9:57 AM
  •  Having installed Server 2008, this doesn't seem to be an issue here...

Oh well, ho hum... :o)
    • Marked as answer by buroz Monday, February 16, 2009 5:05 PM
    Monday, February 16, 2009 5:05 PM