Stock price download RRS feed

• Question

• Despite the passing of the date when Microsoft Money online services were supposed to cease, I still get downloaded price data when I open "Portfolio".  Has anyone else experienced this?  Should I keep very quiet about it!?
    Monday, February 14, 2011 4:22 PM

All replies

• Nick,

Just curious, what version of MM is this? I think I've seen report that quotes are still being "updated" from our UK users (MM2005).

Monday, February 14, 2011 5:00 PM
  • Hi

My "About Microsoft Money" says:-

Microsoft Money
    Version 14.0.120.1105
    Copyright C 2004 Microsoft Corporation

I hope it coninues because the scripting ideas I have seen seem too complicated for me.  Any idea whether this is a permanent reprieve or just small extension?

Monday, February 14, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Ah I see 14.x maps to MM2005. Yes, I've seen posts from MM2005 users said that they are still getting quote updated. I vote for 'let's keep it quiet and cross you fingers ;-)".

Interestingly enough, someone with MM2004 said his quote update works past 01/31 then now is dead:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/700757d0-f5b9-4e0d-a4a6-c1a9f0818c37

Monday, February 14, 2011 6:22 PM
  • My Money 2003 French updated today from work in Paris, but with a UK located entry point to the Internet. Doesn't work from home any more though.
    allp
    Monday, February 14, 2011 9:30 PM
  •  
    "nickjohnwalker" wrote in message news:7d7ea6e6-c921-4a75-8d7a-9e418de8b7aa...
    Despite the passing of the date when Microsoft Money online services were supposed to cease, I still get downloaded price data when I open "Portfolio".  Has anyone else experienced this?  Should I keep very quiet about it!?
    Still getting share and index updates with Money 2001 UK.

Monday, February 14, 2011 11:36 PM
  • Still getting updates today from Paris on my work laptop running XP Pro, but not on my home desktop running Vista, using Money 2003 in both cases.Both stocks (NYSE) and French mutual funds are updated.

allp
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 2:41 PM
  • I'm using UK v12 (2004). Quoted UK share prices continue to update but the unit trust prices appear to be stuck at 8 or 9 March

....except today I updated prices again and all the unit trusts (Mutual funds) updated as at 22 March!

• Edited by WokingWounded Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:02 PM update
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:01 PM
  • Interesting to see that a number of people continue to get updated prices through Money.  However, I note the comment from our Microsoft savvy friend, DominicP, that it will go off eventually.  Accordingly, I am looking into the PocketSense solution mentioned in these pages.
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:50 AM
  • I moved to Money Plus Sunset in January and deliberatly gave up the automatic download of stock and fund prices. I have twelve such prices to enter daily and I have done so manually since January. NO REAL PROBLEM. The process takes me about three minutes each evening after linking to Fidelity's web site. If I miss a night I can pick it up later via history info. I'm now very comfortable with Money Sunset. I have always entered all my transactions, credit card, bank, investments, etc. manually so doing stock and fund prices manually is no big issue for me. I know now that if I had kept my Money 2007 going I still would have had automatic price updates but I feel good that I am using the latest and most up to date version of Money for my ongoing personal finance record keeping. Now with over 16 years of data including detail net worth, cash flow, lifetime planner, budgeting, various reports, etc. I'm really happy with staying with MONEY! If the folks who are developing PocketSense ever get it to market, I might consider using it with Money Sunset. Unfortunately, while I am an accounting and financial geek, I am NOT a computer or systems geek. Steve 
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 2:53 PM
  • OK for the manual update of stocks but what  about the currency exchange rate between euro and US dollar for example? How do you proceed?
    MCSE 2k3, MCTS W2k8
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:34 PM
  • OK for the manual update of stocks but what about the currency exchange rate between euro and US dollar for example? How do you proceed?

If you are you asking how to manually update exchange rates,  in Money see

Tools->Settings->ProgramSettings->UpdateCurrencies

We have no way to download exchange rates into Money.

I find PocketSense easy to use, although I might make it sound harder than it is. I tend to do things with command windows that can be done otherwise. I expect hleOfxQuotes is good too, for those who need quote but not OFX statements. I have not had experience with it, but it seems to be good for getting FT and Morningstar quotes into Money.

• Edited by Cal LearnerModerator Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:24 AM Corrected reference to hleOfxQuotes
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:49 AM
  • Just a quick clarification:

• The quote tool is still hleOfxQuotes: http://code.google.com/p/hle-ofx-quotes/
    • There is a new separate effort to provide way to read/write directly to the *.mny file. I call it sunriise and its home page is at: http://sunriise.sourceforge.net/. One of the things that 'sunriise' might be able to solve eventually is to update the currency exchange table directly/automatically.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:34 AM
  • News on updating exchange rates. Please see: http://code.google.com/p/hle-ofx-quotes/wiki/Update_FX_Table_Automatically

Appreciate any feedback.

Monday, June 27, 2011 4:43 AM