Check and make sure that the connection came from a trustworthy client. RRS feed

• Question

• I get everytime this message from external user. He also can't validate his credentials. I don't know what is the problem.

Thanks for help.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:32 PM

Answers

• In which log are you seeing this error?

Is the Internal FQDN for your edge server resolvable from your EE/SE server?

Thursday, May 3, 2007 10:34 PM

All replies

• Rol posted earlier today that he was getting this error due to an improperly configured time zone on his edge server.

pete

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:17 PM
  • Yes, I saw this post but this didn't resolve this issue.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:41 AM
  • I am currently having the same issue. I have checked my timezones and everything seems to be fine. If anyone find out anymore info please let me know. Thanks
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 8:41 PM
  • In which log are you seeing this error?

Is the Internal FQDN for your edge server resolvable from your EE/SE server?

Thursday, May 3, 2007 10:34 PM

• Live Meeting client:
    Live Meeting cannot connect to the meeting Wait a few moments and then try to join the meeting again.

Edge server:

Over the past 1 minutes Office Communication Server has disconnected clients 1 time(s) as a result of invalid data being received on client connections. The last such client which was disconnected is “**********:1244”.

Cause: Failed to process data received from the client

Resolution:

Check and make sure that the connection came from a trustworthy client.

I have check the time zones and time on all servers, all server can resolve internal DNS entries and external entries. When I run a validity test from the edge server it works and from the EE it works. Federation is the only thing that cause a problem but I am going to use that.

Friday, May 4, 2007 12:52 PM
  • I also get thsi error message when I run a validation on the front end server on the EE pool.

Routing trust check and MTLS connectivity: Received a failure SIP response
    Routing trust check and MTLS connectivity: MTLS connection establishment succeeded but received a SIP
    failure response. This usually indicates lack of routing trust between the remote
    server and the current machine. Check the local and remote server certificates for any
    misconfiguration. In addition, check whether the local server is recognized
    as a trusted server by the remote server.

Suggested Resolution: Routing trust check and/or MTLS connection establishment failed.
    This is usually caused by the remote server not accepting the certificate presented by the
    current machine. Check the local and remote server certificates for any
    misconfiguration. In addition, check whether the local server is recognized
    as a trusted server by the remote server.

Friday, May 4, 2007 9:17 PM
  • Is your certificate authority trusted by all parties?
    Friday, May 4, 2007 10:19 PM
  • Yes CA is trusted by all parties. I did manage to get the Live Meeting working, I did some reconfigure on our load balancers and issued out new cert with Sip.<domain>.com as the alt cn, reverified all dns and connectivity between all server and most importantly change the url for exernal content access. But the latest error message is after the user joins a live meeting the dont see any content but are connected to live meeting. The background says "There is an error with the certificate with the Conference Center. Please contact......." Basically I believe the cleint is not downloading the content but the I have verified the certs and CAs are trust all around?? Any ides
    Monday, May 7, 2007 3:50 PM
  • Nevermind, I figured it out. I typed in the External url incorrectly when I edited the WMI object.... To bad they can't make it easy to change those settings, I would much rather be able to edit it thought the mmc. Maybe next release.. Hint Hint
    Monday, May 7, 2007 5:39 PM
  • Hi Eniac_Blast,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? Did you find a solution? Did any of the recommendations in this thread help? If so, can you post it for the rest of the forum to see? If you still have the issue please let us know ASAP?

Monday, May 7, 2007 9:13 PM
  • Hi ,

Found the solution for this issue, it was clock misconfiguration of the Web Edge Server, see this post

http://remoteitservices.com/content/ocs-web-conferencing-edge-problem
    Ayman Abu_qutriyah
    Monday, June 15, 2009 7:28 PM