locked
CRM 2011 Email Router - "Failed to access the default store for the user" RRS feed

  • Question

  • Ok, so I have CRM 2011 with UR5 and Exchange 2010 with SP1 that refused to use the Forward mailbox for incoming mail.

    I have made sure that we logged into the CRM Mail user once to make sure his mail store was created, we set up the forward mailbox in the Configuration Manager, tested it successfully and deployed it, and when we go to the Rule Deployment Wizard, the users we set up as Forward Mailbox users for testing show up fine.

    The only step that fails is at the end, when we try to deploy the rule to a user.  It doesn't matter which user, or what their permissions are in CRM or Exchange, we get the "Failed to access the default store for the user" error.

    I'm stumped.  I did every step in the deployment guide, looked through all online help I could find, and nothing solved this issue.  I even did the things in this thread: 

    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crmdeployment/thread/64703bc5-bdd3-4e52-9749-664c59fe3356

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!


    The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:45 PM

Answers

  • Ok, so we found a workaround for this, but we didn't use the Forward mailbox after all, just the email router. 

    The resolution was to allow anonymous access to Exchange SMTP but only for the Router server's IP address.  After we did that, mail flowed through fine, and our backlog of mail in CRM sent ok. 

    I don't think that's the best solution, but it did the job.


    The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

    • Marked as answer by Wayne Walton Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:23 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:23 PM

All replies

  • Similar issue here with a like setup - CRM 2011 + Exchange 2010 using CAS w/ NLB and Exchange Web Services (EWS).

    Same error and all Exchange impersonation rights appear correct. Would love to know if you have a resolution.


    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 4:25 PM
  • Ok, so we found a workaround for this, but we didn't use the Forward mailbox after all, just the email router. 

    The resolution was to allow anonymous access to Exchange SMTP but only for the Router server's IP address.  After we did that, mail flowed through fine, and our backlog of mail in CRM sent ok. 

    I don't think that's the best solution, but it did the job.


    The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Consulting's positions, views, strategies or opinions.

    • Marked as answer by Wayne Walton Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:23 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:23 PM