is it just me or is this a spelling error? RRS feed

• Question

• is it just me or did they forget to insert a space inbetween "sincethe"

http://i13.tinypic.com/6baa906.png

second opinions?
    Sunday, August 26, 2007 12:15 AM

Answers

• No, it's simply a side effect of using graphical representations of proportional fonts. Though the characters appear quite close together, if you look carefully you'll notice that both the 'ce' and th' characters are closer together than the two words are. In fact, if you look closely at your original post above, it's easy to see how they would appear if no space character had been used at all.

This has been brought up in the past relating to another phrase. It appears that the font chosen and the graphical translation conspire to create some of these proportional anomalies, causing some to not recognize enough space between words. Though it can be disoncerting to a highly visual person, most would not actually even recognize a true mispelling or even misuse of a word when skimming such messages.

OneCareBear

Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:14 PM

All replies

• a yes or no will do
    Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:18 PM
  • What if they didn't ?

Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:38 PM
  • No, it's simply a side effect of using graphical representations of proportional fonts. Though the characters appear quite close together, if you look carefully you'll notice that both the 'ce' and th' characters are closer together than the two words are. In fact, if you look closely at your original post above, it's easy to see how they would appear if no space character had been used at all.

This has been brought up in the past relating to another phrase. It appears that the font chosen and the graphical translation conspire to create some of these proportional anomalies, causing some to not recognize enough space between words. Though it can be disoncerting to a highly visual person, most would not actually even recognize a true mispelling or even misuse of a word when skimming such messages.

OneCareBear

Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:14 PM