Adding Non Active Directory Users to CRM RRS feed

• Question

• I have to associate a bunch of records with employees who are no longer with our company and therefore are not active directory users.  Once I do the association, we'll be deactivating the users in CRM, but want to link for historical information.  Is there any way to bulk add users into CRM without them having Active Directory accounts on our domain?

Thanks,
    Steven

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 11:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

Even if you de-active the users in crm, the record ownership and created/modified by will remain associated with that now disabled user.  As for bulk adding users with out active directory accounts I do not believe this is possible.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 11:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Even if you de-active the users in crm, the record ownership and created/modified by will remain associated with that now disabled user.  As for bulk adding users with out active directory accounts I do not believe this is possible.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 11:17 PM
  • Thanks, Alex.  I do understand that it will still retain the association.  Our plan is to import a bunch of users, associate them to the records, and then disable the users. 

However the importing is an issue and the notion of adding these 600 users back into our Active Directory is not very popular (for good reason) with our network team.

Is it really impossible to add a record to the users table without there being a valid Active Directory account?  Any unsupported hacks that someone might be able to suggest?

Thursday, January 7, 2010 3:51 AM
  • Well, in an totaly unsupported way and  for learning purposes only, I'd look into these tables:

MSCRM_CONFIG database - look at the SystemUser table
    xxx_MSCRM database - look at the SystemUserBase, SystemUserExtensionBase, SystemUserPrincipals, and SystemUserRoles

Since the users will never actualy login, the domainname doesn't actualy have to exist.

Good Luck,
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 4:26 AM