Communicator 2007 R2 won't open RRS feed

• Question

• i have a new computer, downloaded Communicator 2007 R2 and it appears in the Start menu but when I click on it, it blinks and won't open.  I never get the blue sign on screen.  i uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed multiple times.  i also downloaded and installed the free version which DID open but it won't connect me, i'm assuming because it's a free version and not working right with our server.  or something like that.  i've installed Communicator dozens of times in the last couple months.  this one and one other new computer are the only two that won't open.  Live Meting installed and works right.
    XP SP3, MS Office 2007
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:30 PM

All replies

• Is there anything logged in event viewer on the client machine?
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:00 AM
  • Yes, thanks for the tip.  Every time I try to open Communicator, an Event is recorded, Source is EventSystem, Category is (50) and Event ID is 4609.
    the Text:
    The Com+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 80070005 from line 44 of d:\comxp_sp3\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.  Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

For more info, see Help...

but there's no additional information in Help
    Friday, July 24, 2009 12:30 AM