APC SUA750 Adjust High Transfer Point RRS feed

• Question

• My trim led seems to be lit almost continually.  I checked the voltage at the same outlet and it is just over the setpoint.  Setpoint is 127 and voltage is 127.2, from what I can tell I should probably adjust the high transfer point as our utility can regulate + - 10% which is 108v to 132v.

According to the manual the only way to adjust the high transfer point is to use APCs Powerchute or using the smart card (which I don't have).  Also, I have read that I should not install Powerchute on WHS.  Is there another way to adjust this?  Should I just install Powerchute, adjust the setpoint, and uninstall it?

Any ideas?
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 7:29 PM

All replies

• My trim led seems to be lit almost continually.  I checked the voltage at the same outlet and it is just over the setpoint.  Setpoint is 127 and voltage is 127.2, from what I can tell I should probably adjust the high transfer point as our utility can regulate + - 10% which is 108v to 132v.

According to the manual the only way to adjust the high transfer point is to use APCs Powerchute or using the smart card (which I don't have).  Also, I have read that I should not install Powerchute on WHS.  Is there another way to adjust this?  Should I just install Powerchute, adjust the setpoint, and uninstall it?

Any ideas?
    Since you are having problems the UPS (which, as you already noted, is unsupported on WHS), you should probably contact APC for support for their product.
    Monday, November 2, 2009 12:03 AM
  • You can probably install the APC software on your server. It's unsupported, of course, so you do so at your own risk, and it will certainly "take over" power management from the UPS service that's built into Windows Server 2003 (potentially reducing your options as far as actions to take in a power outage).

I don't use your brand of UPS, but I personally prefer to rely on the UPS service rather than install additional software.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, November 2, 2009 5:11 PM