CRM Integration with Sitecore using SDK and CRM Online. Lead "Activity" and/or Behaviours RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have been working on a project to integrate CRM Marketing list and leads into the sitecore experience profile.
    Ive had some good results so far using the SDK "Xrm" object provided....I can connect to our cloud CRM and import leads and marketing lists.

I also have a contact form which presently creates a new Lead in CRM when submittted.

What I would like to do is to write back to CRM types of engagement with elements on the sitecore-powered website. For example if a lead downloads a document, or completes a form, and that lead is KNOWN to both sitecore and CRM, I would like to write "something" back to CRM to indicate that this event/behaviour has occured.

I am quite new to CRM so am not familiar with every entity that CRM provides via its services. Ideall I would be able to provide the CRM user the ability to click into a Lead and see some of what the individual has been doing on the website (Task? Activity?) preferable with some kind of event code or campaign identifier that the CRM user can read and understand (for example, the lead visited the site and engaged with a form that was part of a sitecore email campaign that was driven by the CRM Marketing List).

I am limited by what is available via services and the SDK, we are not interested in developing plugins, and it is a firm requirement of my client that they use sitecore as the email marketing tool.

Are there are any key entities I ought to be looking at that would enable me to write back "Lead x performed action y on website z"

Many thanks

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:48 AM

All replies

• I am also looking to send data to CRM (the exact same concern as yours). Gary did you happened to have a solution for this?
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:35 PM