none
what is error code 0X8078002A

Question

• Hello, I am trying to create a backup on a WD my book and keep getting a error code and the backup fails after several hours (about 50%complete). any suggestions? I have a sony VAIO computer with windows 7. Thanks for any help.
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, October 09, 2015 1:56 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Friday, September 25, 2015 11:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The MSDN, TechNet and Expression Library Feedback forum is to "Help improve the Library Experience in MSDN, TechNet and Expression by providing feedback on features, bugs, look and feel or by just providing suggestions". This is not a support forum.

I'd ask in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, September 25, 2015 2:08 PM
  • Hello,

You could also ask Western Digital.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Friday, October 09, 2015 2:15 PM
    Friday, October 09, 2015 1:56 PM
  • This one may help.

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=6618

or ask them over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7?tab=Threads

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, October 09, 2015 2:06 PM