SyncToy 2.0 fails: SyncToy has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. RRS feed

• Question

• My system config is: MS Windows XP Home Edition, SP3.

I have installed SyncToy 2.0 and it fails with message:

SyncToy has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

SyncToy 2.0 installation was successfully completed.

Add or Remove Programs shows the software:

SyncToy 2.0 (x86)                                              Version: 2.0.100.0
    Microsoft Sync Framework Services 1.0 (x86)    Version: 1.0.1215.0
    Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime 1.0 (x86)    Version: 1.0.1215.0

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2      Version: 2.2.30729
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2      Version: 3.2.30729
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1

I was receiving this error in System Error Logs with Application Management service set to Manual:
    Could not start the Application Management service on Local Computer.
    Error 126: The specified module could not be found.
    Event ID: 7023
    Looking for: appmgmts.dll    which is not available on Windows XP Home, it is on Windows XP Professional.

I have disabled the Application Management service.

Uninstalled/Reinstalled SyncToy 2.0 and receive the same error when trying to start SyncToy 2.0

SyncToy has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Can someone please provide some assistance.

Regards,

Anthony

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:06 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Saturday, October 11, 2008 12:07 PM

Answers