How to increase maximum no of users in CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Support,

I have Microsoft CRM 2013 installed and when I go to add new AD user to CRM 2013 its says you have exceed maximum no of users.

System Support Engineer i-Context Content Convergence (Pvt) Ltd

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can't do anything about it, you need another license type.

From MS:

Available Server Editions

Two Server Editions are available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013:

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2013

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2013 offers a rich feature set and supports multi-tenant deployments. It is licensed under the Server + CAL licensing model, and you can add users at any time by purchasing additional CALs. There is no licensing limit on the number of users; the number of users is only limited by your server capacity.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Workgroup Server 2013

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Workgroup Server 2013 offers an alternative solution for small deployments. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Workgroup Server 2013 offers the same rich feature set as Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2013, but includes and supports a maximum of five users. Customers who deploy Microsoft Dynamics CRM Workgroup Server 2013 and later need to support more than five users can purchase a Step-Up license to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2013 through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Open Value, Select Plus, or Enterprise Agreement programs, and then purchase the additional CALs they require.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can't do anything about it, you need another license type.

From MS:

Available Server Editions

Two Server Editions are available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013:

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2013

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2013 offers a rich feature set and supports multi-tenant deployments. It is licensed under the Server + CAL licensing model, and you can add users at any time by purchasing additional CALs. There is no licensing limit on the number of users; the number of users is only limited by your server capacity.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Workgroup Server 2013

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Workgroup Server 2013 offers an alternative solution for small deployments. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Workgroup Server 2013 offers the same rich feature set as Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2013, but includes and supports a maximum of five users. Customers who deploy Microsoft Dynamics CRM Workgroup Server 2013 and later need to support more than five users can purchase a Step-Up license to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2013 through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Open Value, Select Plus, or Enterprise Agreement programs, and then purchase the additional CALs they require.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:18 AM
  • Thank you for the information

System Support Engineer i-Context Content Convergence (Pvt) Ltd

Friday, January 17, 2014 4:29 AM