No start menu after updating Windows 7 Professional 32bit RRS feed

• Question

• I am a Web developer and had Fedora 15 as my only OS until recently. I was given a responsibility to test how Microsoft is f**king up with web standards (i.e. test our sites in Internet Explorer) and find workarounds. So, I bought Windows 7 Professional 32bit and got it installed in VirtualBox 4. I activated it online and upgraded IE to v9 and everything seemed fine. Then I decided to install the latest updates as it was bitching about it all the time. After restarting, I see that desktop loads but the Start Menu and the taskbar do not. I don't see any errors or anything. It simply stops loading. I can of course run IE by bringing up the Task Manager but this is frustrating.

Has anyone faced this and managed to fix this?

Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:17 AM

All replies

• Dear Customer,

This forum is used to post questions about the Microsoft Fix it Center automated troubleshooting tool. Could you please post your issue to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us that you can get the right solution soon, thanks for your understanding.

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Alex

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:53 AM