CRM 2013, new default organisation has broken adfs. RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, installed CRM 2013 and set up ADFS with IFD. Got it working.

The org was "crm" and the External URL was "crm.domain.com".

It was decided that the easiest way to migrate data from the old 2011 system was to import the organisation. It was called "org1".

Did that and then deleted the original org from deployment manager.

I expected that "crm.domain.com" would find "org1" as it is now the only org in deployment manager and therefor default.

However, when I access the url and enter my credentials, I get "There was a problem accessing the site...".  I can access the internal url "internalcrm.domain.com" from the database server although the users get "There was a problem accessing the site..." from other machnes. 

In this scenario is there something I have forgotten to do at the DNS or ADFS level to get this working?

One strange thing that happened was the external URL actually worked for half an hour after the migration.  This may have been some form of cache I suppose!!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 1:48 PM

All replies

• I have reimported the organisation with the original org name "crm" to see if that improves things.

No joy yet.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 2:11 PM
  • It may be with ADFS.  It has been a while since I set up IFD.  But there should have been a point during the set up where it pulled a list of organizations in CRM and displayed them.  When you add new orgs, you need to refresh that metadata.  That way when ADFS receives the redirect, it knows where to redirect back to after authentication.

Jason Peterson

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 2:23 PM
  • You need to include an entry in your domain.com DNS zone for org1.  Every organization that needs to be accessed using IFD must have its own DNS A record, that is how CRM knows which organization a user is attempting to access. Connecting to https://crm.domain.com fails because there is now no organization named crm.

You also need to follow Jason's comments on refreshing data in ADFS.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:50 PM