none
What can you recommand me for developing a client-server application?

Question

• Hello. I want to create a server that creates a communication between 2 applications. 

The main goal is to have a windows forms application that send some data to a http server. In server I have to process the data and then send it to a windows phone application.

I haven't worked before with this kind of communication between applications so I need an idea about how should I do that in a way that I can establish a good communication between those 2 apps, I need something clear and good.

I would also want like the windows form application to be able to send data to the server only if on that pc is a service on. I mean, the connection between application and server could work only if on that pc is a service ( server requires a custom service to run ) on.

Any help is more than enough but I would need a clear answer, maybe from someone that did that before. I don't want to create just a basic server, I need some security for that and a well optimized code so that's why I need to know where should I start?

Of course that first I have to make a basic server so see how it works.

I would appreciate if somebody can move my topic in what forum belongs or tell me where to post it. 

Thank you :)

• Edited by Diacu Paul Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:13 PM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:11 PM

Answers

All replies