Slight OT, but has anyone registered their EX470/475 yet? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to figure out how to register by HP MediaSmart EX470 with HP.  In the past I just go to their HP Warranty Registration Web Site (click HERE) and enter in the fields.  I tried searching for MediaSmart, EX470, 470 and the product never comes up.  In addition to this, there was no warranty card in the box and the side of the box doesn't indicate any wort of Warranty Card in the section titled "What's in the Box".

I even called HP Technical Support and they opened a case to get my MediaSmart registered, but they said it's not likely that I'll get a call back nor will my MediaSmart get put into their warranty database.

So, has anyone actually successfully registered their MediaSmart EX470/475 yet and how did you do it?

Sunday, January 13, 2008 5:41 PM

All replies

• Considering they don't even have a process setup to warranty these yet, I doubt they even have a registration setup yet..  There was an instance here where hp told a person that they didn't have a process to even warranty/repair/replace his after it died in 6 hours..
    Monday, January 14, 2008 12:00 AM