Product key error when installing CRM 2011 Server with Network Load-Balancing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am testing CRM 2011 Server using Network Load-Balancing but I am having an issue installing the CRM on the second server. The error I am getting is

The product key is not compatible with the installed version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

I have 4 servers: DC,SQL,Server1 and Server2.  I have setup a cluster that contains server1 and server2.  I can ping the new IP so I assume this is setup correctly.  I have installed CRM 2011 Server on server1 and can access this without a problem use the server IP.  I have tried using a trial license on both, a corporate license on both and I have tried using trial on one and corporate on the other.

This is the first time I have touched NLB so I dont really know how to test or troubleshoot to see if it is working correctly. But then I would expect to get beyond this point even if it wasn't.

Please help as I am at a loss.

Marc Collins www.QGate.co.uk
    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Marc.

Check out this thread and see if it helps you.

Let us know.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crmdeployment/thread/c2e8ca0e-2d3f-4207-a5be-2d6c3991a61a

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Friday, November 18, 2011 8:17 PM
  • Ok, I have got past the license check now and I am no longer getting the error.  This must of been a one-off as I have rebuilt all my servers and I have created a new domain from the begining.  I have also used my corporate license.  It seems to be working now (currently installing) so I am unsure what went wrong last time. 

I will mark your answer as it is very relevant to this issue but I will also mark mine as ultimately it was a rebuild that fixed it.

Marc Collins www.QGate.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by Marc J Collins Monday, November 21, 2011 5:22 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 5:22 PM

All replies