Can O.C. 2.0 Run Tune-Up in Hibernate Mode Yet? RRS feed

• Question

• Can 2. 0 run Tune-Up out of a hiberation state? I know in previous versions of OC, Tune-Up from "sleep" mode  on laptops would make the computer "wake up," but this was not the case for hibernate. If still not the case, I would like to suggest such.

Saturday, December 8, 2007 5:33 PM

Answers

• As far as I know this is still not possible, but thanks for the suggestion.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:07 AM

All replies

• As far as I know this is still not possible, but thanks for the suggestion.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:07 AM
  • I wouldn't want OneCare to scan the disk drives on my notebook in hibernation and while I'm traveling! Disk damage would be very likely.
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:25 PM
  • I was speaking primarily of fixed desktops, given that this already occurs in  sleep mode for laptops. Note that I referred to a laptop "waking up" from sleep to run tune-up. This is how I would see it running out of hibernation, Tune-Up woild "wake" the computer at the scheduled time and then run. I would not suggest running hibernation with the Tune-Up as a "underneath" process. I'm not even sure my suggestions are feasible, perhaps they are not or should not be. But it would allow for more flexibility in scheduling Tune-Ups, particularly in the overnight hours.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 8:13 PM
  • I understand. Still, waking my notebook from hibernation while I'm carrying it around seems risky. If "tuning-up while in hibernation" is a selectable option, no problem.
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 8:19 PM