Cleanup tas failed RRS feed

• Question

• I have been getting the "A scheduled cleanup task for client computer backup did not success -- for 17 day".

I have install all updates, rebooted, did a backup repair (no errors), check event logs (did not see much), and attempt .

Any suggestion on what to do, how to fix, find additional information?

Thanks

John J. Hughes II

Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:50 AM

All replies

• Have a look in the Task Scheduler on the server (Task Scheduler Library -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Windows Server -> Cleanup.

The History tab may have additional info.

Luc.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:37 AM
  • History was disabled, I have enabled it and run the task again.  Basically it says it successfully completed the task which I can only assume means it did not crash and exited normally but the clean up failed.  It is now showing 18 days.

Task Scheduler successfully completed task "\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Server\Cleanup" , instance "{b89b3992-73ac-4fd3-8039-609219584088}" , action "C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\RunTask.exe" with return code 0.

edited:

I am currently running a check disk, based on current progress it should be done sometime in February ;)  Will run a new fix on the backup and then try again, see what the results are and post back.

edit 2:

Check disk finished with no errors, repaired the backup, and rebooted the server.  Still unable to clean the backup, any other suggestions?

John J. Hughes II

Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:25 PM
  • Come on folks, can someone give me a suggestion on how to fix this, starting to run out of room on the drive.

John J. Hughes II

Thursday, January 24, 2013 4:43 PM