Can't add hard drive to pool after PP1 install RRS feed

• Question

• Currently 2 drive WHS, with PP1 installed.  An error occurs when I try to add a third HDD to the storage pool - at first the health status in the tray turns red and reports the backup service has stopped ruinning then the add drive dialog reports the drive is being used by another service and that it can not add the drive.  It suggests a restart and then try again.  I have and the same error occurs.

In the release notes I followed the instructions for making a change to the virtual memory when the backup service not running health warning is indicated. Tried again and still the same error.

It should be noted that the first time I tried to add the drive the add hard drive dialog paused for a long period before giving the error, now it's almost instant that it pops up saying it is in use by another service.  Could something have gone wrong that first time?  Can I reset the disk by physically removing it and putting it back in?

This is a home built WHS, 1 gig Ram, Intel MB, P4 processor, 2x 320G HDD, only add in is Jungle Disk

Thanks,
    Brian

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:20 PM

All replies

• Starting to sound like a broken record... have you submitted a bug to connect with your log files?

What is the bug number?

Please follow the directions in the Release Documentation so that you can let the Windows Home Server team know what the issues are and work with them to triage your issue.

Text based descriptions without logs are more or less useless in resolving issues.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:39 PM
  • Yes I was in the process of filing the bug report as you were responding.

Edit. I get why your asking for it now. Comment removed.  Misread - my bad.

Brian

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:49 PM
  • Here is the bug report # from connect.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:30 PM
  • Brian,

THANKS for submitting such a good bug report with both CAB numbers.   The team will triage and contact you through the Connect site if they have additional questions.

best,

t.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:59 PM