Not all of my photos are selected for the online backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have about 7GB (10years) of family photos which are mainly jpg and tif' formats... When selecting the photo folder to backup Onecare ignores the tif files and only selects the folders with jpg's.

What am I doing wrong......Kind regards

Saturday, December 1, 2007 1:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm looking into this....

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 3:04 AM
  • Hi Steve

Thanks for that, just for info the tif file size is around 4635kb......

Can anybody else backup *.tif's files using OneCare online photo backup?

Many thanks.....

Monday, December 3, 2007 3:43 PM
  • Sorry for not remembering this yesterday - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2024356&SiteID=2

That post lists the file types currently supported by Online Photo Backup.

I don't know if there are plans to add other types at this point.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 7:25 PM
  •  

Hi Steve

I appreciate your the messenger here but I can't believe there isnt tif support for photo backups. Im affriad I will have to cancel my Onecare account as its no use to me. Maybe you should get the designers to check out BT's Digital Vault

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayProduct.do?productId=CON-3291

Anyway...must stop before I get myself into a full rant.... thanks for your help Kind Regards...

Supported formats

CMT, CR2, CRW, FPX, IMG, J6I, JFIF, JPE, JPEG, JPG, K25, KDC, KQP, NEF, MRW, PCD, PEF, RAF, RAW, DNG, JPG2, JP2, J62

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 7:47 AM
  • In this case, ranting is most certainly okay. I don't know why TIF is not a supported format, and I certainly understand wishing to cancel and use another service.

-steve

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 6:44 PM