Home network access blocked RRS feed

• Question

• I have two computers running XPpro on a LAN, one is running OneCare and the other isn't.  Both computers show up in Under Mircsoft Windows Network/Home.  The OneCare PC can access files and printers on the non-OneCare PC.  The non-OneCare PC can see the other PC but gets and error when opening the OneCare PC which says, "//COMPUTERNAME is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.  Contact the administrator of server to find out if you have access permissions.  The network path was not found."

Both PC's have firewall settings for home/work and allow file and printer sharing.  The OneCare PC has VMWare installed.  The OneCare PC is connected to a Verizon FIOS router by WiFi.  The other PC is on ethernet to the same router by cat 5 cable.  A ping works both ways.

Any thougths?  Colby

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:36 AM

Answers

•  

I found that allowing ICMPv6 Inbound by the OneCare firewall in the Ports and Protocols fixed the problem.  I found it in another post as a possible fix.  That's not obvious.  Thanks.
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:56 AM

All replies

•  

I found that allowing ICMPv6 Inbound by the OneCare firewall in the Ports and Protocols fixed the problem.  I found it in another post as a possible fix.  That's not obvious.  Thanks.
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:56 AM
  • Glad you got it resolved.

-steve

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:27 PM