Web Site not getting crawled since 12/29/07 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Any ideas why our web site hasn't been crawled since 12/29/07?  We have been adding links to our site, but it still hasn't been crawled for almost 3 months, where Google and Yahoo are crawling weekly now.

Site is www.roxysbowtique.com

Thanks,

Geoff

Monday, March 24, 2008 6:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Geoff,

Your site is currently ranked very low. Please review our sticky post regarding crawling/ indexing/ rank issues.

Thanks,

Brett

Monday, March 31, 2008 10:13 PM
  • Ramesh,

Your website is currently blocked. Please review our Guidelines for successful indexing to ensure that you are not doing anything that would get your site blocked.

If you suspect that your website was incorrectly identified as spam, please do the following:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you used to produce the search results that contain the web spam
      • The URL of the web spam
      • Whether the content of the site matched the result description
    5. Complete the form, and then click Submit.

Thanks,

Brett

Monday, March 31, 2008 10:15 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Geoff,

Are there any errors reported in the Live webmaster Tools?  Are you seeing any activity in your logs from either the live bot or MSN bots?  There were some reported problems awhile back with the verification process particularly with meta tags.

Promomanagers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:25 AM
  • Hi all,
    I have similar issue, my site lavorazione in cuoio
    has only 1 page indexed, last crawled was 1/9/2008 and there isn't blocked page.

Strangely almost all image of site are indexed also those i add after 1/9/2008.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:28 AM
  • I think there is some serious problem with MSN Bot.. it does not index a site once left out. I have one RX site which has only 1 page indexed and nothing is helping me.. XML sitemaps, link exchanges, article submission or any damn thing that is required.

So it is high time that I stop worrying about MSN and do my business with others where I am ranking high.
    Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:34 PM
  • When I first enrolled in this program, there were not errors reported.  I added the xml file with the correct verification code and submitted our sitemap.  During that time, we have only been crawled once (according to the webmaster tools) on 12/29/07 and MSN has only indexed two pages.  We have added a lot of content since then and updated the sitemap.xml file, with no changes.  Also, the links that we are receiving don't seem to have any effect on the crawling.

Regarding our logs, what can I look for to identify the MSN bots?

Thanks,

Geoff

Friday, March 28, 2008 3:21 AM
  •  

Hi Geoff,

In the logs you should see some entries identified as msnbot or live search.  Chances are it's hitting your xml file each day.   It took us about three months to go from where you are now to indexed, every site is different but it took quite a bit of time.   Literally it then jumped from 1-2 pages to all of them.

One of the ip's for MSN comes out of PHX, I will try to dig it up and repost over the weekend. 

PromoManagers

Saturday, March 29, 2008 12:10 AM
  • Thanks, I hope we get the same result, but now our Summary page shows "no data available" for the past two days.  I'm not sure if this is the type of error you referred to previously, but it is something new.

Geoff

Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:38 PM
  • I guess I should feel lucky 2 sites Feb was he last crawl - there is def a prob with MSN - I have some site with great ranking but www.industrial-seo.com I am at a complete loss as to what to do next

Sunday, March 30, 2008 11:42 AM
  • Promo,

We are getting hit by the MSN bot, but only for the sitemap, robots.txt and the homepage.

Our account looks like it got reset, since the summary says data not available, so I'm hoping that MS found something on their side.

Geoff

Monday, March 31, 2008 4:15 AM
  •  

65.55.232.34 is probably the more common MSN ip we see.  What you describe is how it played out for us too, it took about 5-10 days from the date the data was reset before we started indexing properly.

MS reads, and they do help as much as they can.  It sounds like you are on the right track, once you start seeing some true live.com search bot visits that's good too.

PromoManagers

Monday, March 31, 2008 1:31 PM
  • Hi Geoff,

Your site is currently ranked very low. Please review our sticky post regarding crawling/ indexing/ rank issues.

Thanks,

Brett

Monday, March 31, 2008 10:13 PM
  • Ramesh,

Your website is currently blocked. Please review our Guidelines for successful indexing to ensure that you are not doing anything that would get your site blocked.

If you suspect that your website was incorrectly identified as spam, please do the following:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you used to produce the search results that contain the web spam
      • The URL of the web spam
      • Whether the content of the site matched the result description
    5. Complete the form, and then click Submit.

Thanks,

Brett

Monday, March 31, 2008 10:15 PM
  •  

Brett, just wanted to say it's great to see you taking an active role here for the community - and answering questions most of us cannot for folks like Ramesh.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 4:09 AM
  • Having same problem with our site www.petersrabbitholidays.co.uk we are top of google and all of the others - but not getting scanned by live search - any one any ideas?

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:42 PM
  • Brett,

I still show "No data available" on our status page.  Is this normal, even though prior to having any back links we had at least 2 pages indexed and now I can't even get any indexed with back links?

Geoff

Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:00 PM
  • Brett,

We seem to have been completely removed from the search index, as I still show "No data available" on our status page and searching for our website produces no results:

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Awww.roxysbowtique.com&src=IE-SearchBox

Geoff

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:27 AM