none
is private key needed for office 2010 signature? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! Here

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/digital-signatures-and-certificates-8186cd15-e7ac-4a16-8597-22bd163e8e96

said that

"Signing certificate     To create a digital signature, you need a signing certificate, which proves identity. When you send a digitally-signed macro or document, you also send your certificate and public key. Certificates are issued by a certification authority, and like a driver’s license, can be revoked. A certificate is usually valid for a year, after which, the signer must renew, or get a new, signing certificate to establish identity. "

AND below there is screenshot with certificate + private key included .

So, is there needed private key for digital signature making? I've installed CA services on WS 2008 R2 and done a certificate template with signature purpose. When i requesting auto enroll certificate then getting certificate with private key included like on the screenshot on the link above and i can to sign a documents by it. But then in template settings i choosing checkbox "CA certificate manager approval" on the issurance requirements tab, when i confirm cert request i getting only certificate without private key and can not sign office 2010 document (certificate is absent on certificate list)

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 7:03 PM