Money 14 in Wine - Anybody? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Before I try and work out how to get Money to install and run in Wine on a Ubuntu laptop I was wondering if anyone had it working and had a record of how they made it work.

I've not tried it yet so it may be very straightforward, but thought it worth asking before I give it a try.

Any help appreciated.

Friday, October 5, 2012 7:06 AM

Answers

• No experience, but just a word of caution with Money 14.  The installation CD requires an on-line update that is no longer available.  See the sticky post on the top of the page for explanation and solutions.
    • Marked as answer by iwaddo Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:36 AM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 3:54 PM

All replies

• No experience, but just a word of caution with Money 14.  The installation CD requires an on-line update that is no longer available.  See the sticky post on the top of the page for explanation and solutions.
    • Marked as answer by iwaddo Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:36 AM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 3:54 PM
  • Hi, Thank you for the reminder, but I've a homemade installation disc with 1105 on, saves me worrying eveytime I change PC's or do a rebuild as it installs straight to the right version.

So I got it installed in Wine and it does run and it does open my money file, but the graphics are terrible - the screen does not draw properly and each time you select from a drop down menu you get prompted by IE about opening a trusted file.

Very disappointing and not really usable - I will post more if I ever fix it.

Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:36 AM
  • Does IE otherwise work without problems in WINE on your PC?

Sunday, October 7, 2012 2:26 PM