How to close an Active Quote via Plugin in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

This is something strange, I have two custom button in Quote which is only denotes the stage of Quote.

So like, 1st-Interview Quote and 2nd-interview quote.. Two custom buttons on ribbon which doing nothing but denotes on which stage the quote is right now, the record status is Draft because Quote is not activated. on Form header i am showing the on click of these two buttons on which stage the Quote stands. Also enabling-disabling ribbon buttons after another.

Capturing dates and messages also. So far so good. everything perfect.

The Quote can be closed at any time, so i thought to use OOB button but this button is not enabled until the Quote activated, and the "Activate Quote" is renamed as Won Order and we are not going to order entity, just activating it.

Because Quote can be closed at any time so "Won Order" can be clicked just to close quote, so i created a custom button called Close Quote and via plugin i first activate and closing it as lost. Working perfect.

Only problem is if user clicks on Order Won and then tries to close the quote, it is throwing error saying record is read only. Its not even hitting the Plugin. Because i thought to put a condition that if the status is already active then do not activate the quote just close it.

But the plugin is not getting a hit. just throwing error.

How can i close a activated quote via plugin in CRM 2011.

Any help would be great.

Puneet Joshi - Dynamics CRM Developer

Monday, December 2, 2013 7:03 PM