Genuine Windows Validation RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having problems with Microsoft Genuine Windows Advantage stating my version of XP is not the genuine version.  I phoned Microsoft in the USA and they informed me the version of XP Professional I am running is genuine and valid, yet I have this pop up on the right hand corner of the screen that keeps telling me that the version I am running is invalid?

My problem started when I attempted to reload the original OEM software to fix up a missing DLL file.  I cannot receive Microsoft updates if my program is certified non-genuine.  Every time I attempt to get valitdation of the software over the net the system comes up with an error message? Anyone got a clue on how to fix this problem?  

• Moved by Hengzhe Li Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:05 AM Forum Cleanup (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Monday, September 27, 2010 8:49 AM

All replies

• I'm having problems with Microsoft Genuine Windows Advantage stating my version of XP is not the genuine version.  I phoned Microsoft in the USA and they informed me the version of XP Professional I am running is genuine and valid, yet I have this pop up on the right hand corner of the screen that keeps telling me that the version I am running is invalid?

My problem started when I attempted to reload the original OEM software to fix up a missing DLL file.  I cannot receive Microsoft updates if my program is certified non-genuine.  Every time I attempt to get valitdation of the software over the net the system comes up with an error message? Anyone got a clue on how to fix this problem?  

• Proposed as answer by gilvert Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:55 PM
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:55 PM

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:56 PM