Send/Receive SMS with D-Link GSM-Modem Via C# .Net RRS feed

Answers

• I don't know the issue but you may want to use the Visual C# Forum for posting your question.

Here's a Code Project link for an article Send and Read SMS through a GSM Modem using AT Commands in C# found in a VB thread AT Command to send Scheduled SMS that may help you which I see you have listed in your post.

In the Visual C# forum try searching for SMS and see what responses you get.

For Code Project you can join it and download the application which doesn't look like the code you are using to me.

Did you already perform the below steps with your MODEM? If so I would download the code project project and run it in Visual Studio to see if it works. If so then learn how it works and dissect out of it what you may want to use.

How to Test GSM Modem Connectivity Using Hyper Terminal

• First, find the best GSM modem that suits the needs. I tested this application with a Wavecom FASTRACK M1206.
    • Understand the AT Command set required to communicate with the modem.
    • Connect the modem to the computer according to the setup guide specified in the manual provided with the GSM modem.
    • Put a valid SIM card into the mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem.
    • Connect your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem to a computer, and set up the corresponding wireless modem driver.
    • Run the MS HyperTerminal by selecting Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Communications -> HyperTerminal.
    • In the Connection Description dialog box, enter a name and choose an icon you like for the connection. Then click the OK button.
    • In the Connect To dialog box, choose the COM port that your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem is connecting to in the Connect using combo box. For example, choose COM1 if your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem is connecting to the COM1 port. Then click the OK button.
    • The Properties dialog box comes out. Enter the correct port settings for your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem. Then click the OK button.
    • To find the correct port settings that should be used with your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem, consult the manual of your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem.
    • Type "AT" in the main window. A response "OK" should be returned from the mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem.
    • If “OK” returns, it means your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem is connected successfully.

After successful connection of the GSM /GPRS modem with PC, you are ready to run this application. Download the attached project and run the application.

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

• Proposed as answer by Carl Cai Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:28 PM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 11:03 PM

All replies

• I don't know the issue but you may want to use the Visual C# Forum for posting your question.

Here's a Code Project link for an article Send and Read SMS through a GSM Modem using AT Commands in C# found in a VB thread AT Command to send Scheduled SMS that may help you which I see you have listed in your post.

In the Visual C# forum try searching for SMS and see what responses you get.

For Code Project you can join it and download the application which doesn't look like the code you are using to me.

Did you already perform the below steps with your MODEM? If so I would download the code project project and run it in Visual Studio to see if it works. If so then learn how it works and dissect out of it what you may want to use.

How to Test GSM Modem Connectivity Using Hyper Terminal

• First, find the best GSM modem that suits the needs. I tested this application with a Wavecom FASTRACK M1206.
    • Understand the AT Command set required to communicate with the modem.
    • Connect the modem to the computer according to the setup guide specified in the manual provided with the GSM modem.
    • Put a valid SIM card into the mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem.
    • Connect your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem to a computer, and set up the corresponding wireless modem driver.
    • Run the MS HyperTerminal by selecting Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Communications -> HyperTerminal.
    • In the Connection Description dialog box, enter a name and choose an icon you like for the connection. Then click the OK button.
    • In the Connect To dialog box, choose the COM port that your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem is connecting to in the Connect using combo box. For example, choose COM1 if your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem is connecting to the COM1 port. Then click the OK button.
    • The Properties dialog box comes out. Enter the correct port settings for your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem. Then click the OK button.
    • To find the correct port settings that should be used with your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem, consult the manual of your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem.
    • Type "AT" in the main window. A response "OK" should be returned from the mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem.
    • If “OK” returns, it means your mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem is connected successfully.

After successful connection of the GSM /GPRS modem with PC, you are ready to run this application. Download the attached project and run the application.

Please BEWARE that I have NO EXPERIENCE and NO EXPERTISE and probably onset of DEMENTIA which may affect my answers! Also, I've been told by an expert, that when you post an image it clutters up the thread and mysteriously, over time, the link to the image will somehow become "unstable" or something to that effect. :) I can only surmise that is due to Global Warming of the threads.

• Proposed as answer by Carl Cai Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:28 PM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 11:03 PM
  • Hi,

Welcome to MSDN.

Issues related to D-Link GSM-Modem is not supported in these forums since it is related to third-party.

You could consider connect with the publisher of that product to get supports.

In addition, you could also marked helpful replies as answers.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:22 AM
  • Most probably "AT+CMGS=+\"001113333333\"" + "\r";
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:11 AM