none
Where to start. MTA/ MCSA /SQL ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have recently started to think about getting certificated but I have no idea where to start.

I've started with CCNA R&S but then I've checked that there is not much work around as Network engineer etc.

I was thinking about doing either MCSA 70-740 to 70-742. Is there anything I should learn before I start this one or is better to learn SQL MTA 98-364 then move to SQL MCSA ? 

Thanks 

Monday, January 20, 2020 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It's to different domains, If you want MSCA specialized on Windows Server Administration, you pass 70-740 to 70-742 exams, if you want to specialize in SQL Server Administration, you have to pass 70-461 to 70-463 to get MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014, more details about different available MCSA:

Regards,

Youssef Saad

______

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

Monday, January 20, 2020 3:55 PM
  • I have earned the Microsoft SQL Server MTA and the MCSA.

MTA is for academia, where people with limited to no real world experience can earn a certification. The exams are much more basic and simple.

MCSA is for experienced professionals. The MCSA exams will be nearly impossible to pass for someone without at least a couple of years of hands on experience. There may be a few people out there who are really good at passing exams who can pull off a flat 700 (the minimum passing score). If I were you I wouldn’t even bother trying to pass the MCSA if you don’t have at least a couple years of real-world, hands on experience. I found some of the MCSA exam material to be quite challenging, as it’s pretty comprehensive, and most people have at least a few areas where they’re not super experienced. The MCSA will require extensive studying, even for most experienced professionals.

Monday, February 3, 2020 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It's to different domains, If you want MSCA specialized on Windows Server Administration, you pass 70-740 to 70-742 exams, if you want to specialize in SQL Server Administration, you have to pass 70-461 to 70-463 to get MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014, more details about different available MCSA:

Regards,

Youssef Saad

______

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

Monday, January 20, 2020 3:55 PM