All backups lost after database repair RRS feed

• Question

•  

I could not view backups this morning and got message that "backup service is not running, re-start server". I did to no effect so I assumed it was the out of memory bug so I increased page file size to 3000Mb and backup service started. It told me I had a database corruption and needed to repair. After repair it told me that I had lost all backups for 2 out of 6 PCs. It probably wiped out about 12 backups for each machine. It had been backing up in RC1 but I wondered if this is a known corollary of the out of memory bug. I have 4 discs, 3 of 500MB and one of 1TB, over 1TB space remaining. The surviving machines were runing vista 64, vista 32, xp, xp tablet. Both lost machines were vista 32.

Ian

Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:05 AM

All replies

• Did you backup your home computer backup database, as documented in the Home Computer Backup & Restore Technical Brief, before loading Power Pack 1?

Please file a bug and submit your server logs, even without the original copy of the backup database (prior to running Repair), the team can look at the logs and investigage if this is a bug or some other type of issue.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:52 PM
  • Unfortunately I did not backup the backup database. I will file bug as requested.

Many thanks,

Ian

Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:57 PM