QueueItem message RRS feed

• Question

• So here is a new challenge:

I have been asked to catch the exactly moment  when a incident is Accepted from the Assign queue and is placed In Progress queue to update the statuscode field (for the incident). Today I've been looking for a solution and everything points to no standard ways. First I tried via workflow but nothing. Thanks to that shot I took, I understood that I need to listen the QueueItem entity, it means, to listen when a new record is created on this entity so I could trigger a plug-in or an aspx page. Reading in the sdk, I found that the only messages for this entity are Retrieve and Retrieve Multiple, so there is no way trigger a plug-in.

I know there are some ways that may represent bad practices (I have to accept that I think about it) like a database trigger that when a new record on QueueItem is created activates a flag (a custom field in crm) that in the next onload of my involved entity apply the same changes as the plug-in or aspx page would do. But don't! I wont do that.

So, here are my questions:

Does anybody has tried something like this? to catch that the Accept action.
    What if I pretend (I know it sounds extreme) to develop a new "message" for QueueItem? Does anybody knows what it takes? Who can I contact to get enough documentation to at least try it? (I really don't not how to start with that, but I'm thinking about it).
    Any other idea or suggestion?

Thanks!
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Ricardo,
    you can "catch" the Accept event in the Assign queue in plug in in the "Handle" Message.
    Try this in your plugin:
    if (context.PrimaryEntityName == "incident" && context.MessageName == "Handle")

-------------------------------------
    Demian Adolfo Raschkovan
    http://crmtoall.blogspot.com
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:20 AM