does anyone know why I cannot restore to an ealier point than July on my computer with windows XP? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I accidentally deleted a program that I no longer have the CD for and I cannot afford to buy the program again at this time as I just became unemployed (like the rest of the US :( . I was hoping to restore the program by doing a system restore but I just keep getting  a msg that it could not restore to that date and its just a few days before I deleted the thing. I need help from someone who knows more about computers than I do (which is pretty much anyone!!) Any thing anyone knows ...your imput would be greatly appreciated
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Saturday, August 8, 2009 4:41 AM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, August 8, 2009 4:42 AM Off topic. (From:Microsoft Security Essentials: Getting Started and Upgrading)
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 2:46 AM

All replies

• The forum you posted to is for the discussion of Microsoft Security Essentials beta. I'm sorry to hear that you accidently uninstalled a program but System Restore cannot help you recover the program. System Restore only restores system files, not programs or user files.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 5:09 AM