Acer - windows not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• Just came out of blue.  No OS upgrades, original OS I bought with Acer computer.  Product key on bottom of computer isn't the same as one listed here.

Here is what I got when I ran http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=56062  Fyi, it wouldn't let me copy from the screen - said I needed to log in as administrator. 

Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:23 PM

Answers

• You did not post your MGA report properly....please try again.

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:29 PM
  • "rickettsspencer" wrote in message news:1c17c654-9027-46e7-8df0-09b110ca56d0...

This is all that shows up when I run the diagnostic tool.

When I click copy, I get the message about needing to be logged on as an administrator, which I am logged in as.

When I ran the 52012 diagnostic tool again to double check, I also got this message (again copy/paste didn't work):

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, June 17, 2012 7:36 PM
  • Do not use the screen.  The report is copied to your clipboard as soon as you hit Continue.  Paste the contents of your clipboard into your reply with Cntl-V or the Paste command.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

Monday, June 18, 2012 1:01 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• You did not post your MGA report properly....please try again.

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post.

Carey Frisch

Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:29 PM
  • This is all that shows up when I run the diagnostic tool.

When I click copy, I get the message about needing to be logged on as an administrator, which I am logged in as.

When I ran the 52012 diagnostic tool again to double check, I also got this message (again copy/paste didn't work):

Sunday, June 17, 2012 7:01 PM
  • "rickettsspencer" wrote in message news:1c17c654-9027-46e7-8df0-09b110ca56d0...

This is all that shows up when I run the diagnostic tool.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, June 17, 2012 7:36 PM
  • Do not use the screen.  The report is copied to your clipboard as soon as you hit Continue.  Paste the contents of your clipboard into your reply with Cntl-V or the Paste command.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

Monday, June 18, 2012 1:01 AM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS

Monday, June 25, 2012 8:32 PM