Problem with full range panorama RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I'm having a little trouble with creating 360degree photos with ICE. When I load all the selected photos into ICE, first everything just works fine. After the loading-process is finished, I click on the "Cube-button" on the top of the window to adjust the panoramas projection and orientation. After that I click on the "projection-button" (the one showing the grid) and select "perspective". ICE then shows me a perfectly fine 360-degree Panorama in which I can turn around and everything. On the buttom it says "Spans 360 horizontally and 135 vertically". But here it comes: If then I click "apply", the horizontally degree automatically changes to 135 degree. And so after finished processing, there is only a part of the panorama viewable.

Sorry for my english. I hope it comes out about right, I'm not mother tongue englisch speeking.

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit (downloaded also the 64-bit version of the ICE) on a Lenovo T410. Camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3. Pictureformat JPEG.

Hope anyone can help me?! Thanks in advance!

Sunday, October 9, 2011 8:15 PM

All replies

• There is no way to output a full 360 in perspective mode.  You need to use spherical, or cylindrical maps. This isn't a limitation in ICE.  It's a limit of perspective projection.  Just like map makers need to distort the globe to render it flat, we need to distort wide panoramas to export the entire thing. 

If you want to share the undistorted result, then upload it to Photosynth, where we provide an interactive viewer to display any section of the panorama you want in perspective.

Monday, October 10, 2011 12:31 AM