Thanks for the Fix- Now What About Next Time? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Thanks for all the hard work, sweat and tears- but what about next time?  MSFT called alot of people thieves and stopped alot of work.  And for the post that says no functionality was lost- how about the person validating after the free 30 day trial?  No activation, and if they restart, no functionality.  No weekend updates in alot of IT shops.  This is bad, bad, bad.  MSFT is obviously running this through the spin cycle to find the silver lining when they should admit the problem and fix it.  Disabling ANY functionality in a legally licensed copy is inexcusable.  Not Cool.  Vista is not cheap.  Iinsinuating customers are thieves is not working for the RIAA and my prediction is it won't work for MS.  I understand the need for WGA but don't break my box because of MSFT's screw-up.

• Changed type Carl-S Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:35 PM
    • Changed type Carl-S Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:35 PM
    Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:41 AM

All replies

• I would like to see some changes in WGA.

1. DONT EVER AGAIN CALL US THIEVES!!!!!   It would be much better if we just get message that "Windows was unable to validate" or something like that.

2. Change settings so that it wouldnt lock your OS right now but (for example) after 1 week so if something like this (server failure) happen again we (your custommers) wont have such problems.

3.  Change settings so that in case of such failure users are still able to download updates (allow updating without WGA untill problem is resolved)

Thanks

Rebel44 

Sunday, August 26, 2007 8:13 AM