none
Exchange Server 2010 Web Access multiple tab clarification (10135A) RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.  When I try open the mail box from the same browser with 2 different tabs I got the following error message

“You may have already opened mail box on a different browser tab. If you feel you’re received this message in error try to refresh your browser”.

Most of the webmail server do support multiple tabs as in one tab can see the mails sent and in other tab one can view the mails received. Is it possible to do it in Exchange Server 2010? Can someone please clarify? Thanks in advance.

Umapathy (உமாபதி) MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration, BSc, MCP, A+, MCDST
    Monday, December 19, 2011 3:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• As this is the Training and Certification forum, your question should be posted to the appropriate Exchange Server forum.
    Monday, December 19, 2011 4:35 PM
    Answerer
  • I am following the course 10135A which targets 70-662 exam so I believe this could be place to post. Do you suggest when ever some one gets doubts in the Microsoft Official Curriculum they need to post in the appropriate forum for that technology or in the Training and Certification forum?. Training and Certification forum says "Is your question about Microsoft Certification or Training? . If its not please locate the correct forum otherwise your question may be moved, closed/locked or deleted" as the first rule.

Umapathy (உமாபதி) MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration, BSc, MCP, A+, MCDST
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 12:32 AM
  • You made no mention of the fact that you were following course 10135A in your original post so how were we supposed to know that?  Even if you had, you would still be referred to an Exchange Forum as your question relates to an Exchange Server issue, not what certifications/training relate to Exchange Server. 

When you say "You may have already opened mail box on a different browser tab. If you feel you’re received this message in error try to refresh your browser", do you mean using Outlook Web Access?

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 12:42 AM
  • Jeff Wharton, yes I do refer to owa (outlook web access). That's where the browser comes in. I also mentioned that in a browser ("When I try open the mail box from the same browser with 2 different tabs"). I am relatively new to Exchange environment though I administer Lotus Domino and used Notes in the past. I am currently following a course in Colombo, Sri Lanka via Tech One Global limited located in the world trade centre.

On a side note, it looks like I cannot move the thread to exchange  form. May be some one with more previlage can do that if necessary.
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:49 PM
  • I am able to open up multiple tabs without any problems so not sure what's going on for you.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:22 PM