The WGA test is breached RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

For this update for Windows Server 2008 R2 x 64 Edition (KB2506014) is no WGA check required update for Windows 7 for x 64-based systems (KB2506014) requires the WGA check. For all, this should be the same, and be not bypassable.
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:19 PM

Answers

• Thank you for bring this to my attention.

I have confirmed that the Vista and Windows 7 versions of this Update do require WGA Check and the Server 2008 version does not.  I believe Server related updates are exempt from WGA check so this would be By Design.

However, this update appears to be a security update and as such, none of the versions should require a WGA check at all.

I am looking into the issue to get confirmation that these updates are security related and if so, to have the WGA Check removed.

Thank you again for the information,

Darin MS

Thursday, May 19, 2011 6:55 PM

All replies

• Updates for security patches should not require WGA in the interest of security for all of us.  I don't want someone not patching his Windows because he is afraid of a negative validation.  I want to be protected from his computer.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:36 PM
    Answerer
  • Critical Windows security updates have never required a WGA check.
    Carey Frisch
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Also repair this bug and delete the WGA from Critical Windows security updates. He is validated this file. 

For this update for Windows Server 2008 R2 x 64 Edition (KB2506014) is no WGA check required update for Windows 7 for x 64-based systems (KB2506014) requires the WGA check.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 6:08 PM
  • Thank you for bring this to my attention.

I have confirmed that the Vista and Windows 7 versions of this Update do require WGA Check and the Server 2008 version does not.  I believe Server related updates are exempt from WGA check so this would be By Design.

However, this update appears to be a security update and as such, none of the versions should require a WGA check at all.

I am looking into the issue to get confirmation that these updates are security related and if so, to have the WGA Check removed.

Thank you again for the information,

Darin MS

Thursday, May 19, 2011 6:55 PM