OC 2007 connect to MSN RRS feed

• Question

•  

Might be a ridiculous question, but i couldn't find the answer anywhere.  Is it somehow possible to use OC to connect to MSN Messenger, so I don't have to log into two IM clients?  I can chat with other MSN and AIM users and they can chat with me when logged into OC, but not all my MSN buddies have added me to OC and I want to stay signed into MSN.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:38 PM

Answers

• Actually is appears he's already using OC with PIC as he mentioned talking to AIM and MSN users.  It looks like he's asking if there is a way to dual-login to both OCS services and MSN services with just the single Comunicator client (similar to the way that the MAc MEssenger client works).

The answer to that is no, you will have to conintue to use both clients if you have want to maintain two seperate login names (e.g. user@corp.com with OCS and personal@messengeruser.com with MSN/Live).

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:11 PM

All replies

• It is possible but it requres PIC (public internet Connectivity).  It is another OCS feature.  I believe it does cost  a small amount for the license.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:24 PM
  • How can I tell if I have this PIC, and if I do have it how would I go about using OC to connect to MSN?

Thanks

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:51 PM
  • Actually is appears he's already using OC with PIC as he mentioned talking to AIM and MSN users.  It looks like he's asking if there is a way to dual-login to both OCS services and MSN services with just the single Comunicator client (similar to the way that the MAc MEssenger client works).

The answer to that is no, you will have to conintue to use both clients if you have want to maintain two seperate login names (e.g. user@corp.com with OCS and personal@messengeruser.com with MSN/Live).

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:11 PM