none
Updated thread disappears from unread when clicking away and coming back. RRS feed

• Question

• In unread view, when an updated message shows up, clicking on a different message (and going to its page), then going back, make the message disappear from the listing.

1) Go to forum and choose unread.
    2) Wait for one or more updated messages (highlighted in yellow)
    3) Click on any message (leaving at least one unread message untouched).
    4) Hit back in the browser.

The message disappears.

5) Reload the page.

The message appear (not yellow)
    Friday, February 5, 2010 3:12 PM

Answers

• This is by design. In the Forum View (list of threads), there's a feature called auto-update. This is instant view of new threads or threads that have been updated. Once you move (navigate away) from that page, the page refreshes with the default view of that Forum (Most Recent Post). The Yellow borders dissapears as well.

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:33 PM
  • The message shouldn't dissapear rather show in the Forum. What I mean by dissappear is that when you refresh the page (back button) auto-update re-triggers for that page session. The thread show up in the page depending on the type of sort you choose. If you have the default sort order selected (recent posts on a thread) then the thread should show up in the top of the list.
    Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:22 AM
  • That's what i would expect. Reload means refresh, so no updated.

The point is that they disappeared. Not really an issue, just seems odd.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:57 PM

All replies

• This is by design. In the Forum View (list of threads), there's a feature called auto-update. This is instant view of new threads or threads that have been updated. Once you move (navigate away) from that page, the page refreshes with the default view of that Forum (Most Recent Post). The Yellow borders dissapears as well.

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:33 PM
  • It's by design that the messages disappear?
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:21 PM
  • The message shouldn't dissapear rather show in the Forum. What I mean by dissappear is that when you refresh the page (back button) auto-update re-triggers for that page session. The thread show up in the page depending on the type of sort you choose. If you have the default sort order selected (recent posts on a thread) then the thread should show up in the top of the list.
    Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:22 AM
  • That's what i would expect. Reload means refresh, so no updated.

The point is that they disappeared. Not really an issue, just seems odd.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:57 PM