Problem getting Office professional plus 2010 to save documents RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased office professional plus 2010 for home use last year but continued to use Office 2003 till now. I’m running vista 32 bit dell laptop

I downloaded the 2010 version, and the updates, but I cannot save any files with  word, excel or power point (probably others also but did not try them).

I looked online and found a  link to fixit  for the word issue. I followed the steps , ran the file , and it seemed to word for a few small files but then the same problem occurred.

Excel and PowerPoint l won’t save documents either.  I don’t get a specific error message,  program stopped working --them the program shut down.

This is a legal version of office. I have the email from Microsoft with the product key on it along with the confirmation #.

I tried booting up in safe mode with network connection, but word, excel , and powerpoint would not even load. Error message said Microsoft office cannot verify the license for the application and the program would shutdown. 

I might be doing something wrong  in getting into safe mode.  I’m low on the learning curve with computers, I’m just a user.

Any suggestions?  How can I enter the product code again to make sure I typed it correctly ( I believe I just did a cut and paste, maybe I did not get the entire code)  or how do I contact Microsoft to get the correct product code? I purchased this last year, might the product code expired?

• Moved by Damon Bu - MSFT Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:13 AM It is a thread about TechNet
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:52 AM

Answers

• Hello JoeS,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

From your description, this forum is to discuss problems of Windows Form General. Your question is not related to the topic of this forum.

This thread is related to TechNet forum which is more suitable for it.

You'll need to post it in the dedicated TechNet Forum for more efficient responses.

TechNet forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?forum=officeitproprevious

Have a nice day!

Damon

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by JoeS--- Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:56 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:11 AM