WHS inconsistent file access RRS feed

• Question

• When I first log on to my Windows 8 PC I have access to all WHS files but after a while I lose access from my PC to all files except for one directory which is shared with others in the homegroup.  Why am I losing access and is there a way to change settings to remove this annoyance and time waste?  Thanks!
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Does the issue occur on all client machines? If all users have faced the same scenario?

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, September 16, 2013 5:03 PM
    Thursday, September 5, 2013 12:21 PM
  • Are you login into the windows 8 machine with a local account or a MS Live account?  If it is a Live account you should be able to go into the control panel-credentials manager and set up that server user account information to access all your shares.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the issue occur on all client machines? If all users have faced the same scenario?

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 5, 2013 12:21 PM
  • Are you login into the windows 8 machine with a local account or a MS Live account?  If it is a Live account you should be able to go into the control panel-credentials manager and set up that server user account information to access all your shares.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:56 AM