Federated organisations being throttled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had seen this issue... I have enabled federation on my edge server and have also added a number of organisations to my "Allow List", some simply with their domain name, and some with both their domain name and Access Edge Server name. All however appear to be throttled even if they are on this list. Obviously this is causing issues for the communication to those companies we are fed'ed with.

If anyone can give me some pointers, that would be great.

Cheers,

Chris

Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

in theory the federation domains that are configured in your allow tab are considered legitimate and are exempted from the security checks.

Are you sure the throttling is done by the EDGE server and not by your firewall or load balancer ?

Sincerely,
    Tonino Bruno
    Friday, October 24, 2008 10:55 AM
  • Chris,

Can you expand on waht you mean by 'throttling'?  What specific issues are you seeing with federated communications?

Friday, October 24, 2008 10:49 PM
  • Sorry for taking my time. According to the Edge Server, the federated partners are now on the "Watch List". With those federated partners "reaching or exceeding system limits".

The current issue is that we can talk to federated partners (presence and im), but they can't connect to us. I appears that we might have a problem with port 5061 being blocked somewhere by our infrastructure team. I am going to investigate that first, and then see why these companies are on this list.

I will post back to let you know how i go.

Thanks,

Chris

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:10 PM