No answer RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• For quickest resolution I'd contact MSDN online concierge.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/dd347532.aspx 

if one of the forums below.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa974230.aspx 

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

• Marked as answer by Tore572 Sunday, March 18, 2012 7:42 PM
    Sunday, March 18, 2012 4:52 PM
  • I have found out that msdn-members have no priority support forum for asp.net questions. The forum referenced above is not priority support for msdn-members. So after a chat with concierge I found out that I have to use priority support incident ( a telephone call) to have my problem solved. I am a beginner in .Net and I may have a lot of questiuons like this before I get up and going. As msdn member I think I have 2 priority supports on telephone before I have to pay extra.

I must say I am very frustrated by the limited or no-support given by microsoft forums in this case. Microsoft can always say that the questions asked are outside the scope of the forum, as was the case when I posted to one of the msdn priority support forums. As a beginner with basic questions on asp.net I am lost. My msdn-membership does not help me at all.

There is still no technical answer on forums.asp.net.

Tore

Tore

Monday, March 19, 2012 12:46 PM
  • I'd also post this comment at

http://forums.asp.net/188.aspx/1?Feedback+on+this+website 

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Monday, March 19, 2012 1:55 PM
  • I think you misunderstood. That link states "A Microsoft engineer will respond within 2 business days". Note it doesn't state answer your question. I've seen quite a few threads from Microsoft with statements like "I'm trying to find someone else to answer your question". Those are usually posted (responded) within 2 days. But I don't think they actually help...

I've also contacted Microsoft support directly sometimes. They usually give you a response very quickly. But the response is usually: "Thanks for contacting us. I understand your problem is blah blah. We'll now start to work on this issue together. I'll come back to you as soon as possible." Well, they do get back to you, but do not always expect a definit answer. They will continue to work with you. But when will your problem really get solved? It depends on the problem itself. Simple questions usually get solved very fast. As for tough issues, well...

I would set my expectation that forum is just a place to search and discuss technical issues, not to seek for a definit answer. If you do get an answer, be grateful. Acutally most of my questions can be solved just by searching. Sometimes your quesitons may be too tough, or too environment specific, that no one is able to help. After all, it is your problem, you should try to solve it yourself. Others can only try to help.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:15 AM