Sharing the same public IP address on ISA server for CWA and Web Comp? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm new to the OCS reverse proxy and CWA setup, I wonder if its possible to have one public IP address setup on the ISA 2006 box that will handle CWA (External Web Browser access) and Web Components (External Address Book)? If not, then I guess I must have 2 IPs allocated....
    I'll need to setup two certificates for this, I've already got one public ready to use for Web Components address book....
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:44 AM

Answers

• The only way to do that would be to change the configured ports on one of the two IIS sites. You could potentially use port translation on the ISA server listener so that the internal Web Component and CWA services still work over the default 80/443 ports on their respective IPs, but configure the CWA ISA listener to use a different external port.  This would unfortunately require the users to supply the port in the URL, as in http://im.domain.com:444 for example.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:57 AM

All replies

• I've been advised not to do this as can cause issues, ports will need changing from default etc. Anyone actually got this working with sole public IP on ISA?
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:07 AM
  • The only way to do that would be to change the configured ports on one of the two IIS sites. You could potentially use port translation on the ISA server listener so that the internal Web Component and CWA services still work over the default 80/443 ports on their respective IPs, but configure the CWA ISA listener to use a different external port.  This would unfortunately require the users to supply the port in the URL, as in http://im.domain.com:444 for example.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:57 AM
  • Thanks Jeff...makes sense although I've never setup port translation before, sounds simple enough.
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:14 PM