none
error code 0xC004E003 RRS feed

• Question

• Compleely lost here. I bought a brand new pc only 3 months ago.With vista home premium OEM.

Already installed and no problems whatsoever.

Been running great.The only thing Ive done to this machine is add a second sata2 Hdd for more space.That installed no problems and everything has been a doddle with everything workig sweet.

On updating vista I choose service pack 2 beta ? I thikn it was at the time. restart and again no problems.

I unplug my pc whilst away for one week to Tenerife get back today and switch on.

Pc asks me to activate windows. Odd ?

Well ive retyped in the product (cd key code) it has problems when activating and wont continue.

So ive tried the installation Id and confirmation Id its tells me the installation Id  does not match the Confirmation ID.

So Ive spoken to microsoft

Who have given me another set of installation and confirmation ID numbers,again no joy.

Now I did read that maybe the system time is out and this might be the problem. Bios (startup) tells me its jan 1st 2007, so Ive changed this to the correct time, quite why this would reset I can only think because of unplugging the pc.

Again no joy.

next thread I read tells me to run the MGAdia.

So Ive done that to.

Guess what ?It tells me now that my validation key is invalid ?

How so ?

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0069.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Validation Code: 50
    Online Validation Code: 0xc004c4a8
    Cached Validation Code: 0xc004c4a8
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-PJR6V-JRD97-8FXD3
    Windows Product Key Hash: 8n50V3SRgoNon4rG4jt7mPetGFc=
    Windows Product ID: 89583-OEM-7359693-69493
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6001.2.00010300.1.0.003
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {9F7F682C-382B-4D64-82F0-8F565A9372C5}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.59.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000009
    Build lab: 6001.longhorn.080101-1935
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-2920-80070002_025D1FF3-282-80041010_025D1FF3-170-80041010_025D1FF3-171-1_025D1FF3-434-80040154_025D1FF3-178-80040154_025D1FF3-179-2_025D1FF3-185-80070002_025D1FF3-199-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{9F7F682C-382B-4D64-82F0-8F565A9372C5}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0069.0</Version><OS>6.0.6001.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-8FXD3</PKey><PID>89583-OEM-7359693-69493</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1705584321-2095118794-1254411048</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS P5N32-E SLI PLUS ACPI BIOS Revision 0805</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070822000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>22303507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Please I would really like some help here. Microsoft technical dont open their phone lines in the UK till monday.

Thankyou.

trader_35@hotmail.com

Saturday, February 16, 2008 9:26 PM

Answers

•  

Seems odd replying to my own query but called microsoft today and 40 minutes later it was all fixed !.

The cd key and software is valid (they checked that).

Now it seems that service pack1 beta for vista is the culprit.What it does is *** up the Ms vista Security loop.

(The service pack one update doesnt do this, only the beta.)

Thats the little bit of code thats worked out from what hardware you have on your pc. Once thats broken you have some messing around to do.

So hope this helps... leave a message if it works for you.

on your login screen choose

reduced capability vista

go to internet explorer
     in the address bar type C:
    this will bring up your c drive.
    find folder

windows then
                        system32

then look for the cmd.exe
                                now right click on the cmd and choose run as administrator.

up pops cmd black box. inside type 

script(space)/H:cscript(enter)     so it looks like this   script /H:cscript      then press enter
    now type   slmgr(space)-rearm(enter) so it looks like this  slmgr -rearm    then press enter

this now gives you desktop-but you are not done quite yet.

now you can uninstall microsoft updates that screwed up your system.

Try uninstalling any service packs like i did.

Once uninstalled and when your pc restarts

click activate windows (top option)should work this time and you've now fixed the security loop on vista and uninstalled the update that screwed it up. 

when done restart machine

click start then right click my computer and properties

along the bottom it will tell you your windows is activated if all has gone well.

Thats it !

Good luck.

Roy

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:15 AM
  • Hi Roy,

Thank you for your update!

To All Users: Roy here seems to be pretty ok with the fact that the Vista SP1 Beta caused his issue. But allot of people seem to believe that Beta Software should work without any problems. That is false. That is what Beta software is for...to discover issues with the software before it gets mass released.

Therefore, Anyone that is not willing to accept the risk that their computer may have a problem, please no not use Beta Software. And if you do use Beta software, please don't get mad when/if an issue does comes up.

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:57 PM

All replies

•  

Seems odd replying to my own query but called microsoft today and 40 minutes later it was all fixed !.

The cd key and software is valid (they checked that).

Now it seems that service pack1 beta for vista is the culprit.What it does is *** up the Ms vista Security loop.

(The service pack one update doesnt do this, only the beta.)

Thats the little bit of code thats worked out from what hardware you have on your pc. Once thats broken you have some messing around to do.

So hope this helps... leave a message if it works for you.

on your login screen choose

reduced capability vista

go to internet explorer
     in the address bar type C:
    this will bring up your c drive.
    find folder

windows then
                        system32

then look for the cmd.exe
                                now right click on the cmd and choose run as administrator.

up pops cmd black box. inside type 

script(space)/H:cscript(enter)     so it looks like this   script /H:cscript      then press enter
    now type   slmgr(space)-rearm(enter) so it looks like this  slmgr -rearm    then press enter

this now gives you desktop-but you are not done quite yet.

now you can uninstall microsoft updates that screwed up your system.

Try uninstalling any service packs like i did.

Once uninstalled and when your pc restarts

click activate windows (top option)should work this time and you've now fixed the security loop on vista and uninstalled the update that screwed it up. 

when done restart machine

click start then right click my computer and properties

along the bottom it will tell you your windows is activated if all has gone well.

Thats it !

Good luck.

Roy

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:15 AM
  • Hi Roy,

Thank you for your update!

To All Users: Roy here seems to be pretty ok with the fact that the Vista SP1 Beta caused his issue. But allot of people seem to believe that Beta Software should work without any problems. That is false. That is what Beta software is for...to discover issues with the software before it gets mass released.

Therefore, Anyone that is not willing to accept the risk that their computer may have a problem, please no not use Beta Software. And if you do use Beta software, please don't get mad when/if an issue does comes up.

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 8:57 PM