MS CRM 4.0 Custom Reports RRS feed

• Question

• This is a MS CRM 4.0 Custom Report question.

As per MS best practice to write complicated Reports. We are using a separate custom database for Views, Stored Procedures and function which feeds the custom reports. The Views and Stored Procedures in our custom database accesses filtered Views in <organisation>_MSCRM thus not breaking the CRM security model.

We have separate servers running Application and Database. The Database server is 2005 which hosts the MSCRM database and our custom database. SSRS connector is installed in the Database Server.

The custom reports uploads into the system successfully and I can run the reports from the CRM UI but no results are returned. (No errors either).

When I review what's going on in the database server using SQL Server Profiler, I noticed that the queries are using the login name of <domain>\server$ rather than the user's credentials. If I log onto the server and run the same report directly using http://localhost/reports/....., the report returns data and the SQL Server Profiler shows my correct user credentials.

So, obviously something is not configured correctly. Any pointers in setting a custom database, authentication process etc for reporting is much appreciated.

Thanks

Eric UNG [Senior Analyst Programmer :: Sydney, Australia]
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• On the reporting server Go to SQL sever than Reporting Configration Tool(may be the name is different). Open it connect with the server.

Check the credentials. Normally we create a user say ssrsadmin to run the reporting services. Play with the setting (do remember the existing) and check the changes after doing a iisreset.

Regards Faisal
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 11:29 AM
  • Thanks Faisal,

Your suggestion have been tried but no luck in resolving the issue. Anymore Ideas?

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:10 PM
  • SSRS Services should also be running under the same account. In IIS Manager check the permissions on CRMReports Folder

Also try URL with ip address.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:36 PM
  • Thanks again Faisal,

I found the anwser in http://www.thuta.info/2010/02/authentication-and-impersonation.html

• Marked as answer by Eric Ung Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:22 AM